Thursday, December 19, 2013

Little Promises to My Children


I am your mother.


God gave you to me.
 

It is my honor to raise you.
 

I will do my very best to inspire you to use your brain, your creativity, your conscience, to go out of your way to be a blessing to others; not to be selfish or foolish with your time, talents, or money.
 

I will make you clean your room, help around the house, eat your vegetables, go to church, be kind to others, talk to adults with respect in your tone, obey me, and apologize when you hurt others.
 

I will discipline you when you break the rules, limit your privileges, make you earn your own money, teach you love God and man, and help you to make good choices.


I will fiercely protect your heart, your mind, your body, and your soul.

 
I will love you with every ounce of my being, every day of my life.

 
No matter what.

 
Because I am your mother,
 

and God gave you to me,
 

and it is my honor to raise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment